CURRENT VACANCY: Role description | Events & Programme Manager
Posted: 21 September 2015
· c.£20,000 - £25,000
· Full-time (flexible working options available)
· Wargrave , near Henley-on-Thames
· Additional travel to client sites and events – predominantly in London
This role is to manage our events, support the team and our programmes. We are a small team, with a strong client focus, commitment and passion for our work.
We design and deliver a range of events throughout the year. These include:
a) Monthly events for the 30% Club’s cross-company mentoring scheme (where we support over 640 leaders from 44 organisations) at a range of FTSE-100 venues in London. These events bring together business leaders and keynote speakers from our Speakers Academy (elite athletes, leadership experts etc.).
b) Regular events for our flagship mentoring programme that connects business leaders to mentor women in sport.
c) Learning (mentoring) events for our clients such as UBS, Women in Sport and Linklaters where we design mentoring masterclasses.
We are looking for a first-class events manager to organise these events so they are delivered with excellent administration, support and communications. This includes:
· Development, production and delivery of events including all components from communications (invites), social media, tracking of invitations, speaker liaison, on-site management, supplier management (e.g. photographers etc.)
· Collation and development of event materials (working with designers and the team to proof read and collate content)
· Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project – regular reporting progress to the team
· Social media planning and activation
· Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships
· Managing and building supplier relationships
· Developing good processes and administration to ensure projects are delivered efficiently
· Travelling to pre-event site visits and actual events
· Event budget management and tracking
· Writing event follow-up communications
Office & team administration
Providing support to the team and general smooth running of the office. This includes:
· Regular monitoring and ordering of office supplies
· Coordinating meetings for colleagues and clients – diary management
· General office administration (diary support, collating, printing and posting of materials etc.)
· Client database management- data entry of client information
We run a number of mentoring schemes that require ongoing programme management support. Working with the Client Partner, we are looking for someone to help with general programme management. This includes:
· Capturing and collating client feedback (e.g. setting up and collating Survey Monkey reports)
· Carrying out check-in calls with programme participants
· Collating programme materials
· Supporting the creation of account and programme updates
Core skills & competencies
· Attention to detail
· Computer literacy: Excel, Word, Powerpoint
· Effective communication and excellent written English
· Drive and passion with an ability to work independently to meet goals
· Managing under pressure and with multiple tasks
· Planning and time management
· CRM management/ data entry
· Client focus
Please refer to our website and request an application pack for further information.
We ask that interested applicants provide their CV with a written summary (c.one page) outlining:
· what interests you most in this role
· what skills and competencies you will bring to the role
· what interests you most in Women and Moving Ahead.
We will be interviewing short-listed candidates. Please contact Rebecca Holliday, Client Partner, with any questions. Rebecca@women-ahead.org