Join the team
Moving Ahead and Women Ahead is a purpose-led specialist diversity and development organisation that develops leaders in sport and in business. With the support of our founding partner, Ricoh UK, we work as a team of global mentoring and development experts supported by first-class programme managers, researchers and communications experts.
Since launching in 2014, we have worked with more than 160 organisations across sport and business, including many of the FTSE 100 and all the big four global accountancy practices. We have supported close to 10,000 mentors and mentees. Our schemes are rooted in the belief that no matter what our choice of career, we can all benefit profoundly from escaping our silos and engaging with different perspectives.
We work together to make great things happen for our organisation, our clients and our mission
We are honest, trustworthy and act with integrity in everything we do
We take personal responsibility for bringing our best and whole selves to work
We deliver high quality work, every time – internally and externally
We go beyond the tried and tested, embracing new things
Moving Ahead is growing quickly, and we’re looking for passionate, experienced people to join our vibrant team to help us deliver a fantastic experience to our clients and programme participants. Our offices are based in beautiful Henley-On-Thames, Oxfordshire, on the banks of the River Thames, where we often walk our office dog, Pickle. We prioritise our wellbeing and support team members in creating a flexible work-life blend that works for them. We offer the opportunity to work with an incredible array of clients, a supportive team and to have a real impact on individuals, organisations and society.
We are currently looking to fill the following roles:
PROGRAMME SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR
About the role
Are you looking for a role that makes a positive difference? We’re a social impact organisation based in Henley. We’re a small team but we work with big organisations on issues that deliver big impacts around diversity and inclusion and we need your support!
We’re looking for a programme support administrator. So, if you are a super organised and want to work hard to help us be as well - we’d love to hear from you!
This is a full-time, permanent position, helping our busy and growing team with their administration.
So, if you’re looking to invest your time and energy into a worthwhile role, then we want to hear from you.
For a full job description please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Package: £23k plus benefits
Location: Our offices in Henley-On-Thames
Hours: Full time
Reports to: Head of Programmes and Operations
Client and Programme Manager
About the role
As our organisation grows, we are searching for a highly skilled and passionate client, project and programme management expert to join our fast-paced client partner team. Working directly with our full range of clients, this critical role will focus on supporting all our clients with outstanding service. By project managing each programme for our clients, you will ensure every meeting, learning session or mentoring partnership is delivered with excellence. As part of the client partner team, you’ll project manage the delivery of multiple programmes for more than 100 clients, impacting over 2,000 participants, through more than 100 learning events per year – ensuring every operational detail is carefully planned and executed with excellence. You’ll be curious about clients’ needs and seek out opportunities to expand our work and to help the business grow by identifying potential new partnerships.
Project and programme management
· Creating project and programme plans that meet client needs and expectations
· Managing project timelines and milestones in partnership with client programme managers
· Ensuring programmes are delivered on time and on budget
· Tracking, monitoring and reporting on programmes
Coordination and administration
· Coordinating all operational and administrative aspects of programme delivery
· Providing administrative support for the facilitators
· Creating, collating and distributing programme materials
· Finding and implementing efficient and effective ways of working
Client and account management
· Building and maintaining mutually beneficial one-to-one relationships with client programme partners
· Providing regular, useful updates to clients
· Capturing, collating and acting on client feedback to improve programmes and services
· Identifying new opportunities to expand or add value to programmes with existing clients
· Ensuring the renewal / ongoing commitment to the programme by existing clients
· Supporting the sourcing of new partners and clients
· Liaising and updating key stakeholders and project sponsors (often FTSE-100 exec and board members)
· Collaborating with team members and clients to create and deliver programmes that hit the mark
· Carrying out check-in calls with programme participants (often mentors and mentees)
· Ensuring each participant has a great experience by expertly resolving issues
· Support the planning, administration and project management of client and programme events
· Acting as hosts, ensuring every guest is welcomed and cared for throughout
· Working with CRM systems for relationship management and business development
· Expert use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
It’s likely you’ll have experience working within the field of projects, programmes, client service and/or account management, having already taken responsibility for directly managing clients within a large and/or complex organisation. It’s possible, but not essential, that you may have already worked managing a learning and development product or service.
You’ll be an expert project manager and able to collaborate, working hand-in-hand with your clients and the learning design and delivery team to ensure your programmes hit the mark. You’ll be comfortable working with multiple and complex programmes and projects, with an ability to utilise your expertise to make it easy for our clients to do business with us.
Your background will show a understanding of project and programme management processes and methods, creating effective and efficient ways of working. Your relationship management skills will be first class and you’ll be able to impress our clients with your service standards and attention to detail. As our clients range from global FTSE-100 corporates to small sports and everything in between, you’ll have superb flexibility and the ability to turn your hand and adapt the service offer.
Your ability to work at pace, under pressure and for multiple stakeholders will set you apart from the crowd. Your relationship development and management skills will be first class and you’ll be able to adapt your style to meet the unique needs of our diverse clients. You’ll be tech savvy and able to utilise systems to ensure effective working. You’ll be just as happy to pick up the phone and talk to clients as you will meeting them in person. Your written work will be well considered and easy to read.
Knowledge of mentoring and inclusion, which are at the heart if what we do, is an advantage but is not essential.
Package: £35-40,000pa plus benefits, depending on skills and experience
Location: At our offices in Henley-on-Thames, with one or two days a week in London as well as regular travel to see clients
Hours: Full-time. Some early morning and late evening work will be required for events.
Reports to: Head of Programmes and Operations
Want to join a small but growing organisation making a positive difference to workplace diversity and inclusion?
Want an events role that enables you to be creative, roll your sleeves up and get stuck in?
Interested in delivering events for some of the country’s biggest employers?
Then look no further because we are looking for someone just like you to help organise our events.
Women Ahead and Moving Ahead are sister social impact organisations working with big business to increase all spheres of inclusion. We believe diversity of thought, experience and teams leads to better business performance. That’s why, through mentoring, storytelling and research, we are working to improve workplace diversity and inclusion. Our clients are big brand names from the FTSE, to organisations like the British Olympic Association. Through the design and delivery of our world-class mentoring programmes, storytelling and research, we work with them to help them become more inclusive and diverse. We’ve got a lot of clients and we run a lot of events. www.women-ahead.org
About the role
We’re a small team but this is a big job. We put on over 200 events a year - some host as few as 20 people, others more than 2,000! We’re looking for a highly organised, high energy, hands-on team player who has impeccable attention to detail and is unfazed by juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
We’ll be looking to you to coordinate our ongoing events programme. That means managing the day-to-day relationships with a variety of stakeholders including suppliers, venues, guests, sponsors, speakers and film crews! You’ll also be asked to ensure are events remain within budget. You’ll need to be comfortable working with those at a senior level, both inside and outside our organisation. You’ll also need to be a doer, happily rolling up your sleeves to deliver.
• Assist with scheduling our annual events calendar and keep our tracker up to date.
• Assist with planning and delivery of our annual events programme.
• Coordinate, liaise with and handle enquiries from a range of stakeholders, including clients, suppliers, venues, photographers, guests, sponsors and speakers.
• Help prepare and issue event related communications.
• Drive attendance for events.
• Create and manage guest lists, name tags and event coordination tasks.
• Manage event set-up and registrations.
• Ensure events are within budget.
• Provide regular updates to the wider team on event planning.
About you. Ideally you will:
• Have experience of helping delivering events.
• Have a committed, proactive, methodical work ethic.
• Enjoy being part of a small team in a fast-moving environment.
• Solve problems quickly and creatively to make things happen.
• Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Be willing and able to travel to and attend events after hours as required.
• Be interested in workplace equality and the diversity and inclusion agenda.
In return we offer the opportunity to:
• Thrive as an integral part of our small but growing team.
• Contribute to a growing organisation focused on improving workplace diversity and inclusion through mentoring, storytelling and research.
• Get involved in organising and delivering high-profile events, which involve many of the country’s leading sports and business brands.
Package: c. £25k depending on skills and experience, plus benefits
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Flexible: main office Henley-on-Thames but London or Northampton also an option.
Reporting to: The Events Manager
1. JOB PURPOSE:
To plan and carry out research; practical, insight led projects and programmes to support and develop the knowledge and expertise of colleagues internally. In addition to support the organisation to develop new programmes, products and services based on these findings. To carry out research to position Moving Ahead as innovative, diversity and inclusion (and mentoring) thought leaders.
To organise and manage multiple research projects and programmes.
This role is not about academic research – it is practical, insight led research looking into how theory meets practice
To carry out research in areas such as: • The role of technology on inclusion and diversity
• D&I stories – a collection of case studies of what leading organisations are doing and the impact
• Unconscious bias training – Company case studies – what they are doing, what is working, not working
• Audit and summary of the diversity market – what companies exist, what do they do, what diversity forums and campaigns, networks exist (their scope etc)
• Research of key influencers, potential ambassadors and speakers for Moving Ahead’s Speaker Academy
• Audit and summary of current D&I research, statistics and – and precis this - educate the team on trends, key topics, themes
• Collate and create fact sheets for internal colleagues on topics such as: the what, why and how of the Gender Pay Gap; The Women In Finance Charter; the 30% Club etc.
• Research into specific diversity and inclusion topics, campaigns etc
3. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Research and devise relevant research methodologies
Develop and implement an annual research plan
Develop project plans for research programmes
Undertake research, collating and evaluating information and producing summary reports
Carry out interviews, and carry out surveys, with stakeholders, clients, relevant parties to gather data
Manage and deliver outputs from multiple priorities and programmes
Work effectively and collaboratively across key internal stakeholder groups, such as the events and marcoms teams for research event launches etc
Identify trends or gaps in the market and opportunities for future research projects
4. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Ability to analyse large amounts of information – and draw themes, conclusions and concise summaries
• Curiosity in the topics, people, diversity, research
• Attention to detail
• Ability to condense information, articulate clearly on paper
• Ability to collaborate, build rapid rapport with colleagues, externals and stakeholders
• Ability to plan and organise own workload to deadlines
• Good communicator – able to create written reports, summaries and presentations
• Knowledgeable in diversity and inclusion
• Ideally experience in designing research projects and designing questions
• Ideally a relevant qualification in research, or our related field of diversity
• IT literate – word, powerpoint and excel (advanced)
• Leading Myself – take personal responsibility for bringing our best and whole selves to work
• Working Together – work together to make great things happen for our organization, our clients and our mission
• Doing the Right Thing – honest, trustworthy and act with integrity in everything we do
• World Class Delivery - deliver high quality work, every time – internally and externally
• Future Focus – go beyond the tried and tested, embracing new things
REPORTS TO: SENIOR MANAGER CONSULTANT
CREATED ON: JANUARY 2019
To apply for or discuss any of these roles, please contact email@example.com with a CV and covering letter if applicable.