Join the team
Moving Ahead and Women Ahead is a purpose-led specialist diversity and development organisation that develops leaders in sport and in business. With the support of our founding partner, Ricoh UK, we work as a team of global mentoring and development experts supported by first-class programme managers, researchers and communications experts.
Since launching in 2014, we have worked with more than 160 organisations across sport and business, including many of the FTSE 100 and all the big four global accountancy practices. We have supported close to 10,000 mentors and mentees. Our schemes are rooted in the belief that no matter what our choice of career, we can all benefit profoundly from escaping our silos and engaging with different perspectives.
We work together to make great things happen for our organisation, our clients and our mission
We are honest, trustworthy and act with integrity in everything we do
We take personal responsibility for bringing our best and whole selves to work
We deliver high quality work, every time – internally and externally
We go beyond the tried and tested, embracing new things
Moving Ahead is growing quickly, and we’re looking for passionate, experienced people to join our vibrant team to help us deliver a fantastic experience to our clients and programme participants. Our offices are based in beautiful Henley-On-Thames, Oxfordshire, on the banks of the River Thames, where we often walk our office dog, Pickle. We prioritise our wellbeing and support team members in creating a flexible work-life blend that works for them. We offer the opportunity to work with an incredible array of clients, a supportive team and to have a real impact on individuals, organisations and society.
We are currently looking to fill the following roles:
Communications and Marketing Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our organisation grows, we are searching for a highly skilled and passionate communications and marketing expert to join our team. Working directly with our CEO and senior leadership team this critical role will focus on telling our story to the world, sharing our vision and values, the work we do and why it matters to individuals, organisations and society as a whole. You’ll help us secure new clients, engage our partners with great messaging and share inspiring content with our programme participants.
On a day-to-day basis you will manage the operational delivery of all communications including:
· Design and deliver all PR and marketing opportunities and outputs
· Create written collateral to support our schemes and projects
· Oversee video production and editing process
· Manage our website (including creating a new website)
· Develop all five of our social media channels with creative, dynamic and focused content
· Build relationships with the media to promote our great work
· Copy editing our publications
As our clients range from global FTSE100 corporates to small sports and everything in between, you’ll need superb flexibility and the ability to turn your hand and create the right communication to engage and inspire all audiences. You’ll have a partnership approach to collaborating with stakeholders and work hand-in-hand with Moving Ahead and Women Ahead team.
It’s likely you’ll have experienced a progressive career within the field of PR, communications and marketing, having already operated at manager level within an agency environment and/or a complex organisation. It’s possible, but not essential, that you may have already worked in a stand-alone communications role within a growing organisation. Regardless of where you’ve come from, you will be able to demonstrate a broad and in-depth understanding of identifying, developing and implementing cross-channel communications plans.
You’ll have a passion for, and experience of, building brands through lasting relationships with the media, with a great book of media contacts. As the expert in the team, you’ll consider and advise on the best content and channel to deliver messages. You’ll be an impactful writer and copy-editor with exceptional attention to detail. You’ll be experienced at making social media work for a brand and know how to create the right content to turn followers into fans and fans into clients.
You’ve probably got a degree and perhaps professional qualifications in communications and marketing, but we’ll take real experience over certificates any day!
Package: c. £30k depending on skills and experience, plus benefits
Location: Our offices are in the picturesque Henley-On-Thames with some travel to events in Central London
Hours: Full Time
Reports to: Founder & CEO (with dotted line to Head of Programmes & Operations)
Learning Design and Delivery Lead
About the role
As our organisation grows, we are searching for a highly skilled senior learning expert to join our passionate team. Working directly with our CEO, this critical role will focus on wowing our clients with the design and delivery of world-class programmes. You’ll lead the design and delivery of programmes, through a solution focused approach, ensuring the needs of each organisation are met. As our clients range from global FTSE100 corporates to small sports and everything in between, you’ll have superb flexibility and the ability to turn your hand to their unique needs and create the right programme.
· Researching and utilising leading-edge learning theories and principles
· Translating complex client needs into programme roadmaps
· Designing programme content that meets strategic organisational objectives
· Checking, challenging and changing programmes in response to feedback
· Develop engaging learning materials and training resources that hit the mark
· Adapting design to meet the needs of different clients and cultures
· Impactful facilitation skills
· Able to adapt to the audience, get them thinking, working through challenges and taking learning back to the workplace
· Outstanding communication skills – in person and in writing – to diverse audiences
· Obsessed with showing outcomes and impact of programmes
· Working with consultants and the Speakers Academy
· Design and develop themes for speaker engagements
· Brokering of speakers to deliver inspirational learning
· Working alongside clients and speakers to ensure we maximise the value of the learning outcomes
It’s likely you’ll have experienced a progressive career within the field of people and development, having already operated at a managerial level within a large and/or complex organisation. It’s possible, but not essential, that you may have already worked within a development consultancy.
Your background will show a broad and in-depth understanding of identifying, developing and implementing learning and development solutions. You’ll have a passion for, and experience of, mentoring as a development method. You’ll have a partnership approach to collaborating with stakeholders as well as working hand-in-hand with the Moving Ahead and Women Ahead programme management team.
As a programme designer, you’ll consider the best methods to deliver the clients’ objectives. You’ll be comfortable working with complex projects, with an ability to bring clarity, focus and expert learning design to our programmes. You’ll be an impactful learning facilitator and feel at home in front of an audience. You’ll be experienced at partnering with a diverse and dispersed team to provide a quality product, putting individual development and organisational impact at the heart of what you do.
You probably have a post-graduate degree, as well as professional qualifications as a facilitator, coach or mentor, but we’ll take real experience over certificates any day!
Package: c. £50–60k (FTE) depending on skills and experience, plus benefits
Location: Our offices in Henley-On-Thames with regular travel to deliver in central London and at our clients’ offices throughout the UK and across the globe
Hours: Full time | We are happy to consider flexible working options for the right candidate
Reports to: Founder and CEO
Client and Programme Manager
About the role
As our organisation grows, we are searching for a highly skilled and passionate client, project and programme management expert to join our fast-paced client partner team. Working directly with our full range of clients, this critical role will focus on supporting all our clients with outstanding service. By project managing each programme for our clients, you will ensure every meeting, learning session or mentoring partnership is delivered with excellence. As part of the client partner team, you’ll project manage the delivery of multiple programmes for more than 100 clients, impacting over 2,000 participants, through more than 100 learning events per year – ensuring every operational detail is carefully planned and executed with excellence. You’ll be curious about clients’ needs and seek out opportunities to expand our work and to help the business grow by identifying potential new partnerships.
Project and programme management
· Creating project and programme plans that meet client needs and expectations
· Managing project timelines and milestones in partnership with client programme managers
· Ensuring programmes are delivered on time and on budget
· Tracking, monitoring and reporting on programmes
Coordination and administration
· Coordinating all operational and administrative aspects of programme delivery
· Providing administrative support for the facilitators
· Creating, collating and distributing programme materials
· Finding and implementing efficient and effective ways of working
Client and account management
· Building and maintaining mutually beneficial one-to-one relationships with client programme partners
· Providing regular, useful updates to clients
· Capturing, collating and acting on client feedback to improve programmes and services
· Identifying new opportunities to expand or add value to programmes with existing clients
· Ensuring the renewal / ongoing commitment to the programme by existing clients
· Supporting the sourcing of new partners and clients
· Liaising and updating key stakeholders and project sponsors (often FTSE-100 exec and board members)
· Collaborating with team members and clients to create and deliver programmes that hit the mark
· Carrying out check-in calls with programme participants (often mentors and mentees)
· Ensuring each participant has a great experience by expertly resolving issues
· Support the planning, administration and project management of client and programme events
· Acting as hosts, ensuring every guest is welcomed and cared for throughout
· Working with CRM systems for relationship management and business development
· Expert use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
It’s likely you’ll have experience working within the field of projects, programmes, client service and/or account management, having already taken responsibility for directly managing clients within a large and/or complex organisation. It’s possible, but not essential, that you may have already worked managing a learning and development product or service.
You’ll be an expert project manager and able to collaborate, working hand-in-hand with your clients and the learning design and delivery team to ensure your programmes hit the mark. You’ll be comfortable working with multiple and complex programmes and projects, with an ability to utilise your expertise to make it easy for our clients to do business with us.
Your background will show a understanding of project and programme management processes and methods, creating effective and efficient ways of working. Your relationship management skills will be first class and you’ll be able to impress our clients with your service standards and attention to detail. As our clients range from global FTSE-100 corporates to small sports and everything in between, you’ll have superb flexibility and the ability to turn your hand and adapt the service offer.
Your ability to work at pace, under pressure and for multiple stakeholders will set you apart from the crowd. Your relationship development and management skills will be first class and you’ll be able to adapt your style to meet the unique needs of our diverse clients. You’ll be tech savvy and able to utilise systems to ensure effective working. You’ll be just as happy to pick up the phone and talk to clients as you will meeting them in person. Your written work will be well considered and easy to read.
Knowledge of mentoring and inclusion, which are at the heart if what we do, is an advantage but is not essential.
Package: £35-40,000pa plus benefits, depending on skills and experience
Location: At our offices in Henley-on-Thames, with one or two days a week in London as well as regular travel to see clients
Hours: Full-time. Some early morning and late evening work will be required for events.
Reports to: Head of Programmes and Operations
About the role
As our organisation grows, we are searching for a highly skilled and passionate event management expert to join our fast-paced programmes and operations team. Working directly with our full range of clients and guests, this critical role will focus on preparing and executing our events programme, ensuring every detail is delivered with excellence. As part of the programmes and operations team, you’ll project manage the delivery of more than 100 learning events per year for more than 100 clients, impacting over 2,000 guests.
Event planning and preparation
· Creating and managing the annual events plan
· Preparing all events, covering every logistical and operational aspect
· Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities, with regular reporting progress to the team
· Developing good processes and administration to ensure projects are delivered efficiently
· Creatively managing and devising event budgets
· Managing project timelines and milestones
· Supporting all communications from proofreading and sending communications (e.g. preparing delegate lists, name badges, invites and speaker biographies), social media, tracking of invitations, speaker liaison, on-site management, supplier management (e.g. photographers etc.)
· Communicating, maintaining and developing stakeholder, client and guest relationships
· Developing event materials working with designers to proofread and collate collateral
· Working with team to identify the right speakers for the event
· Booking speakers and negotiating value for money fees
· Briefing speakers on all event operations and logistics
· Providing guest feedback to speakers to ensure continuous development
Venue and supplier management
· Identifying and building effective relationships with venues and key suppliers
· Building partnerships with larger venues
· Working in partnership with client teams at host venues
· Ensuring value for money services are provided
· Taking ownership and leading the setup, execution and close down of each event
· Acting as lead host, ensuring every guest is welcomed and cared for throughout
· Ensuring each participant has a great experience by expertly resolving issues
· Tracking and monitoring guest feedback and outcomes of events
· Creating event feedback reports and identifying improvements
· Utilising feedback to plan future events
You’ll have experience of working within the field of events management, having already taken responsibility for directly managing large events. It’s possible, but not essential, that you may have previously worked on events that focus on learning and development and/ or diversity.
You’ll be a stickler for detail, a natural at proactive planning and always insist on the highest standards of delivery across every aspect of each event. With a supportive style, you’ll enable facilitators and speakers to perform at their best and ensure every guest feels welcomed and cared for. As our clients range from global FTSE-100 corporates to small sports and everything in between, you’ll have superb flexibility and the ability to turn your hand and adapt the events offer.
You’ll be an expert project manager with the ability to collaborate, working hand-in-hand with clients, guests, venues and the Women Ahead and Moving Ahead team to ensure every event hits the mark. You’ll be comfortable working with multiple and complex clients, with an ability to utilise your expertise to make it easy for our clients to work with us. Your background will show a detailed understanding of the event planning and processes to deliver events in an effective and efficient way. Your project management skills will be first class and you’ll be able to impress our clients and guests with your delivery standards and attention to detail. Your ability to work at pace, under pressure and for multiple stakeholders will set you apart from the crowd.
You’ll be tech savvy and able to utilise systems to ensure effective working. You’ll be just as happy to pick up the phone and talk to clients and venues as you will be hosting them in person. Your written work will be well considered and easy to read. Knowledge of mentoring and inclusion, which are at the heart if what we do, is an advantage but is not essential.
Package: £25-30,000pa plus benefits, depending on skills and experience
Location: Our offices in Henley-on-Thames, with regular travel to events
Hours: Full time. Regular early morning and late evening work will be required for events.
Reports to: Head of Programmes and Operations
To apply for or discuss any of these roles, please contact our Recruitment Lead, Kate Calcutt, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, with a CV and covering letter if applicable.