Join the team
Moving Ahead and Women Ahead is a purpose-led specialist diversity and development organisation that develops leaders in sport and in business. With the support of our founding partner, Ricoh UK, we work as a team of global mentoring and development experts supported by first-class programme managers, researchers and communications experts.
Since launching in 2014, we have worked with more than 160 organisations across sport and business, including many of the FTSE 100 and all the big four global accountancy practices. We have supported close to 10,000 mentors and mentees. Our schemes are rooted in the belief that no matter what our choice of career, we can all benefit profoundly from escaping our silos and engaging with different perspectives.
We work together to make great things happen for our organisation, our clients and our mission
We are honest, trustworthy and act with integrity in everything we do
We take personal responsibility for bringing our best and whole selves to work
We deliver high quality work, every time – internally and externally
We go beyond the tried and tested, embracing new things
Moving Ahead is growing quickly, and we’re looking for passionate, experienced people to join our vibrant team to help us deliver a fantastic experience to our clients and programme participants. Our offices are based in beautiful Henley-On-Thames, Oxfordshire, on the banks of the River Thames, where we often walk our office dog, Pickle. We prioritise our wellbeing and support team members in creating a flexible work-life blend that works for them. We offer the opportunity to work with an incredible array of clients, a supportive team and to have a real impact on individuals, organisations and society.
We are currently looking to fill the following roles:
Communications and Marketing Manager
Want to communicate issues that matter?
Want to work for a purpose-led organisation making a positive difference?
Want to secure a communications role that gives you the freedom to be strategic, tactical and creative?
Then look no further because we are looking for someone just like you to manage all our communications.
We’re a small organisation with a big story to tell and we need a high-energy, hands-on team player who can help us share it far and wide. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work across all communications disciplines - both internally and externally (including media liaison). And whilst we don’t expect you to have experience of them all, you will need to be a communications professional with the capability and confidence to independently develop and deliver them, in our fast-paced environment.
Whilst we’re small, we work with big business, on big issues that deliver big impacts. It means we need to be communicating big style, with a wide array of people, across numerous channels (both owned and earned).
We’ll be looking to you to shape our communications strategy and deliver it. You’ll need to be able to write and oversee the production of engaging content and know the best ways to get it seen and heard. You’ll need to be an articulate spokesperson who is comfortable working with those at a senior level, both inside and outside our organisation. You’ll also need to be a doer, happily rolling up your sleeves to deliver.
In return we offer the opportunity to thrive as an integral part of our small but growing team.
Package: c. £30k depending on skills and experience, plus benefits
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Picturesque Henley-On-Thames, with option to work some days from London and some occasional travel
Reporting to: Founder & CEO (with dotted line to Head of Programmes & Operations)
About us: Women Ahead, Moving Ahead is the social impact organisation working with big business to increase all spheres of inclusion. We believe diversity of thought, experience and teams leads to better business performance. That’s why, through mentoring, storytelling and research, we are working to improve workplace diversity and inclusion.
Learning Design and Delivery Lead
About the role
As our organisation grows, we are searching for a highly skilled senior learning expert to join our passionate team. Working directly with our CEO, this critical role will focus on wowing our clients with the design and delivery of world-class programmes. You’ll lead the design and delivery of programmes, through a solution focused approach, ensuring the needs of each organisation are met. As our clients range from global FTSE100 corporates to small sports and everything in between, you’ll have superb flexibility and the ability to turn your hand to their unique needs and create the right programme.
· Researching and utilising leading-edge learning theories and principles
· Translating complex client needs into programme roadmaps
· Designing programme content that meets strategic organisational objectives
· Checking, challenging and changing programmes in response to feedback
· Develop engaging learning materials and training resources that hit the mark
· Adapting design to meet the needs of different clients and cultures
· Impactful facilitation skills
· Able to adapt to the audience, get them thinking, working through challenges and taking learning back to the workplace
· Outstanding communication skills – in person and in writing – to diverse audiences
· Obsessed with showing outcomes and impact of programmes
· Working with consultants and the Speakers Academy
· Design and develop themes for speaker engagements
· Brokering of speakers to deliver inspirational learning
· Working alongside clients and speakers to ensure we maximise the value of the learning outcomes
It’s likely you’ll have experienced a progressive career within the field of people and development, having already operated at a managerial level within a large and/or complex organisation. It’s possible, but not essential, that you may have already worked within a development consultancy.
Your background will show a broad and in-depth understanding of identifying, developing and implementing learning and development solutions. You’ll have a passion for, and experience of, mentoring as a development method. You’ll have a partnership approach to collaborating with stakeholders as well as working hand-in-hand with the Moving Ahead and Women Ahead programme management team.
As a programme designer, you’ll consider the best methods to deliver the clients’ objectives. You’ll be comfortable working with complex projects, with an ability to bring clarity, focus and expert learning design to our programmes. You’ll be an impactful learning facilitator and feel at home in front of an audience. You’ll be experienced at partnering with a diverse and dispersed team to provide a quality product, putting individual development and organisational impact at the heart of what you do.
You probably have a post-graduate degree, as well as professional qualifications as a facilitator, coach or mentor, but we’ll take real experience over certificates any day!
Package: c. £50–60k (FTE) depending on skills and experience, plus benefits
Location: Our offices in Henley-On-Thames with regular travel to deliver in central London and at our clients’ offices throughout the UK and across the globe
Hours: Full time | We are happy to consider flexible working options for the right candidate
Reports to: Founder and CEO
Client and Programme Manager
About the role
As our organisation grows, we are searching for a highly skilled and passionate client, project and programme management expert to join our fast-paced client partner team. Working directly with our full range of clients, this critical role will focus on supporting all our clients with outstanding service. By project managing each programme for our clients, you will ensure every meeting, learning session or mentoring partnership is delivered with excellence. As part of the client partner team, you’ll project manage the delivery of multiple programmes for more than 100 clients, impacting over 2,000 participants, through more than 100 learning events per year – ensuring every operational detail is carefully planned and executed with excellence. You’ll be curious about clients’ needs and seek out opportunities to expand our work and to help the business grow by identifying potential new partnerships.
Project and programme management
· Creating project and programme plans that meet client needs and expectations
· Managing project timelines and milestones in partnership with client programme managers
· Ensuring programmes are delivered on time and on budget
· Tracking, monitoring and reporting on programmes
Coordination and administration
· Coordinating all operational and administrative aspects of programme delivery
· Providing administrative support for the facilitators
· Creating, collating and distributing programme materials
· Finding and implementing efficient and effective ways of working
Client and account management
· Building and maintaining mutually beneficial one-to-one relationships with client programme partners
· Providing regular, useful updates to clients
· Capturing, collating and acting on client feedback to improve programmes and services
· Identifying new opportunities to expand or add value to programmes with existing clients
· Ensuring the renewal / ongoing commitment to the programme by existing clients
· Supporting the sourcing of new partners and clients
· Liaising and updating key stakeholders and project sponsors (often FTSE-100 exec and board members)
· Collaborating with team members and clients to create and deliver programmes that hit the mark
· Carrying out check-in calls with programme participants (often mentors and mentees)
· Ensuring each participant has a great experience by expertly resolving issues
· Support the planning, administration and project management of client and programme events
· Acting as hosts, ensuring every guest is welcomed and cared for throughout
· Working with CRM systems for relationship management and business development
· Expert use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
It’s likely you’ll have experience working within the field of projects, programmes, client service and/or account management, having already taken responsibility for directly managing clients within a large and/or complex organisation. It’s possible, but not essential, that you may have already worked managing a learning and development product or service.
You’ll be an expert project manager and able to collaborate, working hand-in-hand with your clients and the learning design and delivery team to ensure your programmes hit the mark. You’ll be comfortable working with multiple and complex programmes and projects, with an ability to utilise your expertise to make it easy for our clients to do business with us.
Your background will show a understanding of project and programme management processes and methods, creating effective and efficient ways of working. Your relationship management skills will be first class and you’ll be able to impress our clients with your service standards and attention to detail. As our clients range from global FTSE-100 corporates to small sports and everything in between, you’ll have superb flexibility and the ability to turn your hand and adapt the service offer.
Your ability to work at pace, under pressure and for multiple stakeholders will set you apart from the crowd. Your relationship development and management skills will be first class and you’ll be able to adapt your style to meet the unique needs of our diverse clients. You’ll be tech savvy and able to utilise systems to ensure effective working. You’ll be just as happy to pick up the phone and talk to clients as you will meeting them in person. Your written work will be well considered and easy to read.
Knowledge of mentoring and inclusion, which are at the heart if what we do, is an advantage but is not essential.
Package: £35-40,000pa plus benefits, depending on skills and experience
Location: At our offices in Henley-on-Thames, with one or two days a week in London as well as regular travel to see clients
Hours: Full-time. Some early morning and late evening work will be required for events.
Reports to: Head of Programmes and Operations
To apply for or discuss any of these roles, please contact our Recruitment Lead, Kate Calcutt, by emailing email@example.com, with a CV and covering letter if applicable.