Head of Programmes and Operations
• About US
Moving Ahead and Women Ahead is a purpose-led specialist learning, development and transition organisation that develop leaders in sport and in business. We are a team of global mentoring and development experts supported by first-class programme managers, researchers and communications experts. Since launch in 2014, we have worked with more than 160 organisations across both sport and business. We have supported over 6,000 mentors and mentees. Our schemes are rooted in the belief that no matter what our choice of career, we can all benefit profoundly from escaping our silos and engaging with different perspectives.
• About the Role
As our organisation grows, we are searching for a highly skilled and passionate programme and operations management expert to join our senior leadership team. Working directly with our CEO, this critical role will focus on wowing our clients with the level of service they receive. By leading and enabling our dedicated client management and events team, you will ensure every interaction with our clients and programme guests hits the mark.
You’ll lead the delivery of multiple programmes for in excess of 100 clients, impacting over 2,000 participants, through more than 100 learning events per year - ensuring every operational aspect is delivered with excellence. As our clients range from global FTS-100 corporates to small sports and everything in between, you’ll have superb flexibility and the ability to turn your hand and adapt the service offer.
You’ll be curious about clients’ needs and seek out opportunities to expand our work. You’ll help the business grow by securing new partnerships and be actively involved from the start of each new relationship.
You’ll be an expert stakeholder manager and collaborator, working hand-in-hand with the learning Design and Delivery Team. You’ll be comfortable working with multiple and complex programmes and projects, with an ability to bring clarity and set expectations to the client management team through strong leadership skills with an agile delivery ethos.
• About YOU
It’s likely you’ll have experienced a progressive career within the field of projects, programmes, client service and/or account management, having already operated at senior leadership level within a large and/or complex organisation. It’s possible, but not essential, that you may have already worked managing a learning and development product or service.
Your background will show a broad and in-depth understanding of project and programme management processes and methods creating effective and efficient ways of working. Your relationship management skills will be first-class and you’ll have the gravitas to impress Board Members and Executive teams. You’ll expertly balance strategic thinking with hands-on delivery - setting the tone and role modelling excellence across the team.
You’ll be experienced at leading, managing and coaching a team to provide a quality service and grow in their roles.
You’ve probably got a degree as well as professional qualifications as a project or programme manager, but we’ll take real experience over certificates any day!
• Your Strengths
· Creating and developing plans - ranging from individual projects to the full organisational plan
· Tracking and monitoring progress against plans
· Building a pro-active culture
· Maximising resources and return-on-investment
· Gravitas as a trusted senior advisor with the ability to own and influence relationships with VIP clients
· Communicating and influencing at Board Level
· Acting as the ambassador for operational delivery
· Being the referral point for complex or challenging situations
| Team Management
· Leading a team of people to deliver to the highest standards
· Coaching the team to develop their skills and approaches
· Supporting the wider team with senior level expertise, guidance and development
· Leading all operational aspects of programmes delivery
· Ensuring effective and efficient processes are in place
· Assigning the right resource to manage each programme
· Creating partnerships with venues and suppliers to ensure excellent value for money
· Delivering against the annual event plan and overseeing the delivery of over 100 events per year
· Scheduling of facilitators and speakers for events
· Capturing, analysing and acting in response to guest feedback
· Ensuring projects, programmes and events are delivered on-budget
· Leading workforce planning across the team
· Leading the review and implanting new / improved ways of working
· Creating, tracking and managing programme budgets
• Your Style
You’ll be able to demonstrate our leadership values and behaviours in everything you do.
• The Details
We offer the opportunity to work with an incredible range of clients, a supportive team and to have a tangiible impact on individuals, organisations and society.
Package: c. £55-65k plus benefits, depending on skills and experience Contract: Permanent Location: Office-based in picturesque Henley-on-Thames with some travel to see clients Hours: Full Time Reports to: Founder and CEO Direct reports: 4 x Client Partners | 1 x Event Manager | 1 x Co-ordinator
To apply for any of our vacancies, please send your CV, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org